Blog #1- Five Top Sources of Information

                                         

When it comes to incoming news and getting the most reliable information, it can be tricky to find the right sources. Especially when it comes to wanting to be a journalist, I have to make sure that what I am looking at for news and information is correct. Below are my top 5 sources for getting the most reliable news and information. 

1. Forbes

Forbes

    Forbes is a highly dignified magazine that is famous for articles on finance, investments, and marketing but also reports on topics such as technology, communication, and politics. The magazine is most known for publishing lists and rankings including the Richest Americans, America's Wealthiest Celebrities, and the World's Most Powerful People. I like this magazine when I need strong, factual information about the business industry. Their topics range between six core segments including Women, Under 30s, Business and Tech Decision Makers, Business Owners, High Net Work Investors and Buyers, and CxOs. They have some of the industry's leading journalists and I would recommend Forbes Magazine to all college students majoring in Business or Technology who wants to learn more about their industry.

2. The New York Times 

NY Times

    The New York Times is a daily morning newspaper published weekly. It is known to be one of the world's greatest newspapers. I like the New York Times because it does not report on just one industry or field but gives a rundown of what has been happening all throughout the world in every aspect of life. It has been a staple newspaper to have for many people throughout the world. I would recommend this newspaper because I think it is a highly respected and a well-written paper. 

3. NBC News

NBC News

    NBC News is the news division of the NBC network. There are multiple brands/shows including The Today Show, Nightly News, and Meet the Press. I like NBC News because I like being able to watch it, especially Today with Hoda & Jenna. I would recommend NBC News as a source of information because they have good content and I feel like it is more captivating to its audience members because we can watch it instead of having to read it. 

4. TIME Magazine 

TIME Magazine

    TIME Magazine has been one of the leading magazine since its start. When it comes to anything in current affairs, politics, business, health, or science, TIME is know as one of the most informative guides. Every week over 20 million subscribers worldwide turn to the award-winning magazine. Like the New York Times, TIME Magazine focuses on a bunch of different subjects, making it more diverse to its audience. I personally think TIME Magazine is a great read for pleasure to see what is happening in the world and I would recommend this magazine for college students/young adults because I feel like they cover good stories that would help young adults learn more about what is happening in the world today. 

5.  Entertainment Tonight

ET

    Entertainment Tonight (ET) is known as being the top source of information for celebrity and entertainment news. They have access to Hollywood's biggest stars when it comes to interviews, as well as a behind-the-scenes view into new film and television projects. I like Entertainment Tonight as a news sources because I feel as though their content is always fresh. I would recommend ET to people because there is so much detail that other news sources don't receive right away when it comes to different stories, so I can always find firsthand information on ET. 


All-in-all, news and information can be found anywhere, on any website, newspaper, magazine, or network, but finding sources that are highly accurate, respected, and fall in line with one's personal views is most important. Taking the time to find your own personal top sources of news can be very helpful. 

Comments

Popular Posts